Help from other organisations

If you're worried about your child, there are lots of organisations out there who can provide advice and support.

Internet Matters

Need help setting up devices more safely for your child?

Internet Matters have a wealth of support and practical tips to help children benefit from connected technology and the internet safely and smartly. This includes advice by age groups, how to set parental controls and guides for a range of games, sites and apps. 


Internet Watch Foundation

Seen child sexual abuse content online?

If you have come across child sexual abuse images or videos online, report to the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF). Reporting is quick, easy and anonymous. It can lead to the removal of criminal content and even the rescue of a child from further abuse.

An under 18 year old worried their nudes have been shared online?

If an under 18 year old has had a nude or semi-nude image of themselves shared online, they can report to IWF and Childline's Report Remove tool. They will work to try and remove the image. 


Does your child need someone else to talk to?

If your child needs someone to talk to because of anything which has upset them, it could be that they are being bullied or that they have seen something online which they wish they hadn’t, they can speak free and confidentially to Childline.

Children can ring Childline on 0800 1111 and speak to trained counsellors about any problems they may face. Childline is run by the NSPCC and is there to help your child.

The Childline website also offers excellent help and advice on a whole range of issues.


Do you need support because your child has experienced exploitation?

Pace is a national charity working to keep children safe from exploitation. They offer advice and support to parents and carers where there are concerns their child has been sexually or criminally exploited. Find out more on the PACE website.

Child sex offender disclosure scheme

Worried someone in contact with your child has a criminal record for child sex offences?

This scheme provides members of the public with a way to check whether people who have contact with their children have a criminal record for child sex offences. If it can help keep children safe the police will pass on the information.

For more information on the scheme which is now available in all 43 police forces in England and Wales visit this Home Office website page.

If you are concerned and want to check whether someone in contact with a child under your care has any convictions for child sex offences, you can do so by contacting the police force in your area.

Parents text content

Are you worried about your own sexual thoughts and behaviour?

Some people struggle with sexual thoughts and behaviours towards children. Are you someone who wants to stop these thoughts and behaviours but does not know how? Stop it Now! UK and Ireland offer confidential help and support. You can call them on 0808 1000 900 or email at