How to get help

Get help

If you or your child are worried or upset about something which has happened, there is help out there.

Parents text content

Has someone acted inappropriately towards your child online?

If your child has experienced sexual or offensive contact online that has made them feel uncomfortable or someone is trying to meet up with them, you can report this directly to CEOP.

This may have happened in a chat room, app, message board, instant messenger or on a social networking site. It could be on a mobile phone, games console or computer and be in the form of messages, images or conversation over webcam. The important thing is that if an adult is making sexual advances to your child on the internet you should report it to us.

How can I help my child stay safe?

You can find a wide range of information about keeping your child safe throughout this website and specific guidance about how to report to popular social media sites.

If you’re concerned about keeping up-to-date with the latest apps your child has been using NSPCC's online safety hub provides resources for parents and carers.