Skip to main content

Support services

Information on places you can go for help if you need it.

If you’re worried about something that’s happened to you, talking to an adult you know and trust could help you to feel better.

There are also a number of support services you can go to for the help you need.


CEOP work to protect children and young people under 18 from grooming and sexual abuse online.

What do young people report to CEOP?

Some of the things young people have reported to CEOP include: 

  • Someone online has asked me to send them nude images
  • I shared a nude image with someone online and they are threatening me
  • I did something that I was embarrassed about on camera and someone has turned nasty towards me
  • Someone I don't know is asking me to live-stream and do things I don't want to do
  • Someone online kept asking me to meet them face-to-face and I feel pressured by them
  • Someone online was talking to me about sex and it made me feel uncomfortable
  • Someone online is putting pressure on me to do things I don't want to do
  • Someone I met in an online game keeps trying to talk to me privately

Do not report online bullying to CEOP. If you are being bullied and would like to talk to someone in confidence, you can speak to Childline.

Find out more about what happens when you make a report to CEOP.

How do I contact CEOP?

Reporting to CEOP


Childline is a free and confidential helpline for children and young people under 19. Confidential means not telling anyone else what you’ve said, so whatever you say stays between you and Childline.

They would only need to tell someone else if:

  • you ask them to
  • they believe your life or someone else's life is in danger
  • you're being hurt by someone in a position of trust who is able to hurt other children like a teacher, religious leader, sports coach, police officer or doctor
  • you tell them that you're seriously hurting another person
  • you tell them about another child who's being hurt and is not able to tell someone or understand what is happening to them
  • they're told we have to by law, for example for a court case

What do young people speak to Childline about?

You can contact Childline about anything. No problem is too big or too small. Whatever your worry, it's better out than in.

How do I contact Childline?

Childline have message boards for you to get support from other young people in similar situations. You can also find ways to cope with Childline’s Calm zone.

What happens when you contact Childline?

The Mix

The Mix is a charity that provides free information and support for under 25s. You can tell them how you’re feeling without the worry of anyone else finding out. The Mix will only tell another organisation or agency what you’ve said in certain situations, such as if your life or someone else’s life being in danger. Read more about confidentiality at The Mix.

What do young people speak to The Mix about?

They can help with embarrassing problems, weird questions, and please-don’t-make-me-say-it-out-loud thoughts you have. The Mix gives young people the support and tools they need to take on any challenge they are facing.

How do I contact The Mix?

  • Call 0808 808 4994 (7 days a week from 4pm to 11pm) 
  • Crisis messenger - Text THEMIX to 85258 (24/7 support)
  • Send an email (response within 24 hours)


YoungMinds are a charity fighting for children and young people’s mental health. They want to make sure that no young person feels alone with their mental health, and they can get support, when they need it, no matter what. 

How do I contact YoungMinds?


Are you worried about your own or someone else’s sexual thoughts, feelings or actions? Shore can help.

Shore is part of The Lucy Faithfull Foundation. They have anonymous advice and support to help you or someone you know manage worrying thoughts and learn more about living safely both online and offline. All of their services are anonymous, which means you don’t have to say who you are.

How do I contact Shore?

Use Shore's chat service Monday: 2pm – 5:00pm, Wednesday: 5pm – 8pm

Send Shore an email (Shore aim to respond within 5 working days)

Visit the Shore website 

Did this article help you?

Please select an option

Thank you for your feedback

Need more help?

Report it

If you are under 18, report online sexual abuse to one of our Child Protection Advisors at the CEOP Safety Centre.

Report now

If you're over 18, call 101 to speak to your local police. 

In an emergency

If you're ever in immediate harm or danger: 

  • Call the police on 999 straight away
  • Tell an adult you trust who will be able to support you through a difficult time

Talk to someone

Childline logo

Free, confidential support online and over the phone for young people under 19.

Call 0800 1111

The Mix logo

The Mix is a charity that provides free information and support for under 25s.

Use their crisis messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

See all help